Name: Donald Robert Capper
Birthdate: May 5, 1955
103 State Street, P.O. Box 619
Proctorville, Ohio 45669
High School: Fairland High School, Proctorville, Ohio 1973
College: Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia, B.S.1977
Law School: University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, J.D. 1980
Admissions to Practice
- State of Florida-1981
- State of West Virginia-1982
- State of Ohio-1983
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Ohio State Bar
- West Virginia State Bar Association
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Ohio Municipal Judges Association
Awards and Distinctions
Board of Editors, Legislative Drafting Service
University of Toledo College of Law, 1979-1980
Certificate of Achievement
Ohio Prosecuting Attorneys Association, 1990
Member of the Negligence Law Committee
Ohio Bar Association
Harvey A. Blair, P.A., Fort Myers, Florida associate in small general practice law firm.
Huddleston, Bolen, Beatty, Porter and Copen, Huntington, West Virginia, associate assigned to litigation department of 25-lawyer firm. Represented primarily railroads personal injury and FELA.
Solo law practice with emphasis on plaintiff’s personal injury and professional negligence.
Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for Lawrence County, Ohio, a part-time position.
First appointed and then elected to the position of Judge of the Lawrence County Municipal Court at Chesapeake,
Ohio. A part-time judgeship which permits the maintenance of a private law practice.
- Current member of Board of Trustees of the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Current member of Board of Trustees of the Tri-State Area Council for Boy Scouts of America
- Current member of Board of Directors of the Lawrence County Litter Control Board
- Former member of the National Board of Directors of Close Up Foundation’s Partners Program
- Former member of the Board of Directors of Shawnee Mental Health